Topics

Tulip Time Thank You! #tuliptime2019

Tom Bosscher

Thank you all for another successful Tulip Time!  We couldn't have done the job without each and every one of you!  The weather was cooler than expected, but we dodged most all the rain.  Red Cross fulfilled it's medical response obligation again this year, and it is all because of your help, whether it be medical responder, radio communicator, lunch committee, or all of the above!  I count that we had 92 individuals involved between all the events. (46 Red Cross, 23 radio communicators, 23 Careerline Tech students and instructors). Many of you worked multiple days for the medical team at Windmill Island, 3 Tulip Parades and the Tulip Time Fireworks. That didn't count all the people who were behind the scenes who covered the on-call hours for emergency response, so others could help at our events!

Thank you for supporting the Red Cross in Ottawa County and for taking care of our residents and visitors to the 90th Year of Tulip Time!! (Please extend my thanks to the many communicators who I have no email address to thank them personally.) We hope to see you all next year!

Sincerely,

Mary Parchert, AEMT
Medical Events Coordinator-Ottawa County
American Red Cross of West Michigan