Topics

SUPPLEMENT Events July 2020 for the WM Amateur Radio community

Jack Amelar

Supplement Events July 2020 for the WM Amateur Radio community

FINAL Covid-19 net tonight (Thursday, June 2) 9PM, 145.27-(94.8Hz)
Covid information will now be a part of the West MI Emergency Comm Net, Wednesdays, 8PM, 145.27-(94.8Hz)

FOX BOX ON THE LOOSE. It is fox hunting time again.
What you will need to bring on this fox hunt:
Walking shoes or hiking boots, sunscreen, bug spray, water (for staying hydrated), an HT to send DTMF 1 to activate the fox and your choice of RDF equipment.
The ”fox” has about a 1 second delay upon receiving the DTMF signal before it transmits and then will transmit for about a minute to allow you to hopefully get a bearing on it. 145.530 MHz.
Please only disclose general radio signal levels from major intersections to https://groups.io/g/MichiganFoxHunter You don’t want to give to many clues to your competition now do you?
Upon a successful hunt email photographic proof directly to Nathan N8THN (good on QRZ) N8THN@...

Grand Rapids Amateur Radio Association (GRARA-W8DC) regular MONTHLY meeting, this month Friday, July 10, same day as VE testing, NOT the 3rd. At American Red Cross building, 1050 Fuller Ave NE between the I-196 Ford Fwy and Leonard St. Social 6:30PM, meeting 7PM.
MEETINGS WILL BE HELD IN THE RED CROSS PARKING LOT or garage until further notice. Best bring a chair with you.
Map: http://www.w8dc.org/pages/Red%20Cross.html
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GRARA.W8DC/
http://www.w8dc.org/ 147.26+(94.8Hz)

VE TESTING IS BAAAAACK! Be sure to spread the word.
Friday, July 10, 6:30PM, (this month same day as the monthly meeting) American Red Cross Building at 1050 Fuller NE, Grand Rapids MI
Map: http://www.w8dc.org/pages/Red%20Cross.html
We will be conducting the tests in the parking lot or garage.
Register on our website:http://w8dc.org/pages/exams.html
please ignore the covid statement, since we are doing the testing outside.
We will be following CDC guidelines for covid.
We will provide a clip board and a pencil for the test.
Best to bring a chair or test in your vehicle.
No exam fee, Laurel VEC
Thanks GRARA VE Team!
Email questions to stprovost@...

Lowell Amateur Radio Club monthly meeting, third Thursday, July 16, 6:30 PM social, 7PM meeting. All are welcome.
THIS MEETING WILL BE OUTSIDE either in the parking lot or the center court yard. Best to bring a chair with.
At the “Shack” location, the Flat River Outreach Ministries (F.R.O.M) Building, 11535 Fulton St E (Hwy M-21), Lowell, just west of the Lowell Meijer.
http://www.w8lrc.org https://www.facebook.com/w8lrc/
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/9e7G2FVkriJ2 145.27-(94.8Hz)
IT IS ALSO my understanding the Thursday Open Radio Room gatherings are resuming, without the radio room, in the parking lot.

*CANCELLED* Elkhart East Hamfest, Saturday, August 8
Website: http://elkharteasthamfest.com
Sponsor: Northern Indiana Repeater Group
Public Contact: Dewey Thrash, K9DEW, 53464 Baywater Place Bristol, IN 46507
Phone: 574-370-2436, Email: dewey@...

EXECUTIVE ORDER MINI-SWAP Saturday, August 15. Contact email philholscher@...
Allegan County Amateur Radio Club (ACARC-AC8RC) Mini-Swap on Saturday, August 15th at the Salem Township hall building from 8am-11am. Rescheduled from April 4. Set up beginning at 6:30am. Snacks and drinks will be available for sale. $5 entry fee buying or selling and no table fee for ACARC members, non-members $5, trunk sales are also welcome. Hope to see you there. Salem Township hall, 3003 142nd Ave, Dorr, MI 49323, Corner of 142nd Ave and 30th Street, Allegan County. US-131 exit 68 / Dorr. west 8.6 miles.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/6GUW1qPMUdJ2
http://ac8rc.org/ https://www.facebook.com/ac8rc/ philholscher@...
SEE ATTACHED FLIER

73 Jack NY8D