Topics

Field Day 2020 Success!

Zach KE8BSM

Good afternoon all! We had such a great field day this year considering the global situation. First I’d like to thank everyone who turned out to Huizenga Park to support and help out! I want to thank Jared for his hard work setting everything up before and during field day and the band captains for running stations. Lots of fun! It was great to have our field day in Ottawa County! We were visited by police officers and concerned neighbors asking what we were doing and why there were tents / RV’s in the parking lot. But everyone was cool about it! Thank you all! We also had a number of stations tell us how lucky we were that we could operate as 5A. We even had one gentleman reach out to us who had a QSO with HARC 46 years ago! How cool is that! 40m phone is where it was at this year! Great job Jared! We had some technical difficulties with 80/15m phone but we worked through them. Our CW, Digital, and 20m phone stations also had success as well. Overall it was a memorable field day 2020. Thanks again all. We’ll see how we place as 5A this year! 73!

Zach Bennett
KE8BSM
Holland ARC President
Trained SKYWARN Spotter
Ottawa County SKYWARN
Ottawa Co. Amateur Radio Auxiliary
Michigan D6 Assistant District EC
ARRL Accredited VE
Laurel VEC Accredited VE
YouTube | Blog | Twitter | ARRL | ARES Connect

--
Zach Bennett
KE8BSM

kb8zgl

It was really cool to hear the guy work you who worked you 46years ago.  I could hear you guys crazy loud on 15m right in Greenville, MI, but couldn’t work you to save my life.  Too many good sounding distant stations.  Glad you had fun!

Mike

Kb8zgl

From: "k8daa@k8daa.groups.io" <k8daa@k8daa.groups.io> on behalf of Zach KE8BSM <ke8bsm@...>
Date: Monday, June 29, 2020 at 5:05 PM

[...]