From: Jon Reck W8REA <jonathan.p.reck@...>
Date: 6/18/20 8:57 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: k8daa@k8daa.groups.io
Subject: [k8daa] Covid-19 Virus Concerns

Good morning-
Recent trends toward the relaxation of physical distancing and face mask use have been concerning me and this morning I got an email from the leadership of my congregation summarizing our approach to this unfortunate situation (no live services, meetings held via interned streaming, strict gathering size limits with mandatory face mask wearing and physical distancing). I thought it was particularly cogent and got permission to share part of it, from its' author, a physician.

Be safe-
Jon Reck W8REA

It follows:
"Every synagogue around the country and the world is grappling with the same issues. To be sure, though there are other ways to handle the situation, please bear in mind that COVID-19 is lethal and transmits very easily. It is especially dangerous to those over 65, and those with underlying medical conditions. A large number of our congregants are constituents of one or both of these groups.

Despite what you may have heard or read, COVID-19 has not been totally characterized in terms of its symptom complex. There is no reliable treatment, no cure and no vaccine. The number of cases is rising in at least 14 states and a number of countries including Israel. Increased testing does not account for all of the increase as people are still requiring hospitalization and are dying.

We urge all of our fellow congregants to remain vigilant, wear your masks, maintain the physical distancing and wash those hands. We want to celebrate many simchot with you in the near future."

Jeff Nonhof KD8THX

Hi Jon,

The medical community overwhelmingly agrees that we should “remain vigilant, wear your masks, maintain the physical distancing and wash those hands”

Thanks for sharing,

Jeff – KD8THX